For women golfers, eyewear selection should be much more complicated that trying on a skort.
Sure, women golfers want to look good – and there’s no apparel item with the eye candy impact of the glasses covering their eyes. But the right glasses for golf take some trying on and research. The golfer wants comfort, protection and also no-excuses performance.
We hope to cover the topic in-depth in GottaGoGolf Magazine, but for now here’s one great pair of sunglasses for women who golf, Tifosi’s Altar glasses. I picked up a sample pair at the PGA Merchandise Show, and they passed the ultimate test: 100 holes of golf in a single day of sunshine in Oakland, Calif. Here’s why:
- Tifosi’s Altar model looks striking in white and pink. Its wraparound styling, with adjustable ear pieces, would fit most women’s faces.
- The Tifosi Altar glasses felt so wonderful, I didn’t feel them. I forgot they were on.
- The high speed red Fototec darkens goes from light pink to dark brown in 10 seconds.
- Of course these lenses protect from 100 percent ofl UVA and UVB rays.
- The course details looked sharper with my Tifosi Altars on than they did without glasses.
I admit I haven’t played 100 holes in Oakleys, considered the top performance glasses for golfers, but it’s difficult to imagine anything better than these Tifosis.
You haven’t heard of Tifosi, you say? They don’t spend much money on marketing, and so the Altars retail for about a third less than a comparable pair of Oakleys.